Melodie focuses her law practice on litigation, including commercial, employment, eminent domain, and procurement disputes. Melodie has drafted numerous discovery and dispositive motions, as well as appellate briefs, at the federal and state court levels. She has also argued at the trial level in state and federal court and before the Idaho Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Givens Pursley in 2013, Melodie worked as an associate attorney at a litigation firm in Washington, D.C., and as a law clerk to the Honorable Marcus D. Williams of the Fairfax Circuit Court in Fairfax, Virginia.
While in law school, Melodie was Lead Articles Editor of the Catholic University Law Review and interned at the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Small Business Administration, and the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
- Tribute to Women and Industry (TWIN) Honoree, Women’s and Children’s Alliance, 2016
- J.D., The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law (2011), magna cum laude
- B.A. in English and French, Mount St. Mary's University (2007), magna cum laude
- Virginia (inactive)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho
- Honorable Marcus D. Williams of the Fairfax Circuit Court, Fairfax, VA
Memberships & Affiliations
- Idaho State Bar, Litigation Section
- American Inns of Court No. 130
- Idaho Women Lawyers
- Idaho Academy of Leadership for Lawyers, Idaho State Bar, Class of 2016-2017
- Note, Opening the Umbrella: The Expansion of the Prosecutorial Vindictiveness Doctrine in United States v. Jenkins, 59 CATH. U. L. REV. 855 (2010).