Pat’s practice emphasizes on commercial law and litigation with a particular emphasis in the healthcare field.
Pat has extensive experience in healthcare compliance issues including Medicare fraud and abuse, tax exemption and antitrust issues. Pat also has extensive experience in healthcare related controversies including peer review investigations and hearings, partnership disputes and exclusive contract disputes.
Pat has lead many complex healthcare transactions including acquisition of hospitals, physician recruitment, acquisition and formation of medical practice groups, formation of ancillary service joint ventures and negotiation and termination of physician-hospital contracts.
In addition to Pat's healthcare focused practice, Pat represents public organizations on open meeting compliance, public records issues and procurement matters. Pat assists clients in resolving disputes in federal and state court and through arbitration and mediation.
Pat was born and raised in Caldwell, Idaho.
- Martindale-Hubble – Highest Ranking (AV)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers (Health Care Law)
- Best Lawyers in America (Health Care Law)
- Boise Best Lawyers Health Care Lawyer of the Year (2018)
- Boise Best Lawyers Health Care Lawyer of the Year (2015)
- Boise Best Lawyers Health Care Lawyer of the Year (2012)
- J.D., University of Idaho, 1984 – cum laude
- B.A in Economics, University of Idaho, 1981 – cum laude
- U.S. District Court (Idaho)
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Memberships & Affiliations
- Idaho State Bar, Founding Member of Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association (1987-present)
- Rotary International
- Whittenberger Foundation Board Member
- Partner, Givens Pursley LLP (1986-Present)
- Adjunct Professional of Law, University of Idaho College of Law, Health Law
- (2001) Law Clerk, Honorable Ray McNichols, United States District Judge (1984-1985)
- Miller, Patrick. “Forming Professional Entities for Medical Professionals Under the Idaho Uniform Business Organizations Code.” Advocate Nov. 2015
- Presentation to Idaho State University for Contract Basics, May 2015