Tom's practice has allowed him to work on a wide variety of commercial and civil litigation and other matters, including collection, bankruptcy, employment, insurance defense, real estate development and leasing, personal injury, as well as securities, general business and corporate law.
Tom is rated "AV" by his peers and by local judges through the Martindale Hubbell rating process. Tom is periodically asked to present on real estate related issues to interested groups such as other attorneys, realtors and surveyors and has authored and coauthored articles on Idaho foreclosure law, boundary dispute law and easement law.
Other attorneys in the community, when asked anonymously what they think of Tom, not only gave him high marks, but also say they would hire him if they needed an attorney:
"In my experience with Tom, he is a cunning and aggressive adversary. He is a true example of excellence in this profession." by Attorney
“Tom is an outstanding litigator. He has helped my organization successfully resolve disputes ranging from complex to relatively simple matters. He does this in a practical and cost effective manner and is particularly skilled at communicating with his client. I would not hesitate to recommend Tom." by a Associate/Assistant General Counsel
"Tom Dvorak is a top-notch attorney, and a leader among the area's real estate attorneys. He's diligent, hard-working, and aggressive for his clients in all the right ways, to honor the profession. I give him my highest recommendation." by Government Counsel
"Tom has obviously been on the other side of my clients, but he is professional, courteous and an extremely intelligent and insightful attorney. I usually do not respond to [such] requests, but he deserves a glowing review from me." by a Partner
"Tom is a zealous but professional advocate for his clients. I have litigated against Tom and have found him to be competent and professional to work with." by a Managing Partner
"I have worked across the table with Tom on a few cases and I have seen him in action in others. He is professional, knowledgeable and knows the practice of law very well. I would hire him if I were in need of a civil litigation attorney." by a Partner
“I would have no reservation referring any type of matter to Mr. Dvorak. He is smart, aggressive when that is useful and pragmatic when he should be.” by a Managing Partner
To pay for college at Boise State University, Tom earned money by serving in the United States Marine Corps Reserve. Tom was called up to active duty while in college and served as a U.S. Marine Sergeant in Operation Desert Storm, participating as a gunner and tank commander of an M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tank in a tank battle on the outskirts of Kuwait City.
Tom has served as Chairperson of the firm's Litigation Practice Group since 2013. In 2016, the partners of Givens Pursley selected Tom as a member of the permanent management/executive committee of Givens Pursley LLP, and he continues to serve in that capacity.
When not working, Tom spends time with his wife and four boys. They enjoy camping, fishing and hiking the wild places of Idaho.
- Mountain States Super Lawyers (Business Litigation)
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business (Bankruptcy/Restructuring) - Ranked General Commercial Litigation attorney in Idaho
- Martindale Hubbell peer review rated as AV, Preeminent in Litigation, Real Estate and Commercial Law.
- J.D., University of Idaho 1994, Dean's List 4 semesters
- B.A., English Major, Minor Emphasis in Business, Boise State University, 1991 - cum laude
- U.S. District Court (Idaho)
- U.S. Court of Appeals (9th Circuit)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Idaho Bar Association, Real Property Section, Litigation Section
- Partner, Givens Pursley LLP (2002 - Present) Associate
- Attorney, Givens Pursley LLP (1998-2001)
- Associate Attorney, Law Offices of James J. Davis, Boise, Idaho (1996 to 1998)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Mikel H. Williams, Chief U.S. Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court, District of Idaho (1994-1996)
- Referee, Unemployment Insurance Appeals Division, Idaho State Industrial Commission (1993-1994)
- Co-author, Idaho Foreclosure Law and Related Remedies, in FORECLOSURE LAW AND RELATED REMEDIES: STATE CHAPTER BUNDLE B (American Bar Association 2nd ed., 2009)
- Author, Board Certification and Summary Judgment under the Idaho Medical Malpractice Act, Traps for the Unwary, 29 Idaho L. Rev. 421 (1993)