Charlie’s practice focuses on real estate, natural resources, water rights, environmental, and administrative and regulatory law. She also has experience with federal Indian law and tribal law, especially as they relate to access issues, rights-of-way, natural resources law, and jurisdictional issues. Prior to joining Givens Pursley she practiced at Holland & Hart LLP in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where she litigated complex civil cases involving energy, environment, natural resources, and general commercial issues at all stages in front of New Mexico’s trial, appellate, and federal courts. Charlie also clerked for the Hopi Appellate Court and worked for the Abrams Environmental Law Clinic while a law student.
Charlie was raised in Ketchum and devotes her free time to exploring and enjoying Idaho’s incredible outdoors with her husband and two dogs. Before law school she spent a number of winters as a ski coach and instructor in Sun Valley.
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (Natural Resources Law and Real Estate Law), 2022
- J.D., The University of Chicago Law School (2016)
- B.A., The University of Montana (2010)
- Idaho State Bar
- New Mexico State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Associate, Holland & Hart LLP, Santa Fe, New Mexico (2016 - 2018)
- Clerk, Hopi Appellate Court, Keams Canyon, Arizona (2016)
- Summer Associate, Sonosky, Chambers, Sachse, Miller & Munson LLP, Anchorage, Alaska (2015)
- Student Attorney, Abrams Environmental Law Clinic, Chicago, Illinois (2014 - 2016)