Prior to joining Givens Pursley, Kersti was an associate with Stoel Rives LLP. Before that, she was a staff attorney with Idaho Legal Aid Services, Inc. at the Nampa Family Justice Center, where she represented domestic violence victims in family law matters including divorce, custody, guardianship, and civil protection order cases. During law school, she was an intern with the Cato Institute's Center for Constitutional Studies, and for the Honorable Alan G. Lance, Sr. at the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
Kersti enjoys running, hiking, yoga, and spending time with her family and dog.
- Denise O'Donnell Day Pro Bono Award from Idaho State Bar, 2015
- TWIN (Tribute to Women in Industry) Award from Women’s and Children’s Alliance, 2018
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Boise State University, B.A., Anthropology, 2007, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Inns of Court
- Idaho State Bar Appellate Practice Section
- Idaho Law Foundation CLE Committee Member, 2013-2016
- Concordia University School of Law Mentor, 2013-2016
- First-chaired bench trial on behalf of plaintiff which resulted in a successful finding of contempt against the defendant in a multi-million dollar mining dispute
- Part of a team that successfully defended client for breach of a shareholder agreement in arbitration
- Part of a team that successfully defended appeal of breach of contract action in dairy business
- Part of a team that successfully defeated million-dollar employment case filed against small family business. Claims included wrongful termination, breach of employment contract, and Fair Labor Standards Act claim. Most of case was dismissed on summary judgment
- Achieved summary judgment for agricultural lender against third-party judgment creditor that had garnished proceeds of lender’s collateral
- Second-chaired winning trial team that defeated a third party’s claim of apparent agency against LLC.
- Part of team that drafted successful motion for transfer of venue in federal court in franchise dispute brought against Enterprise Holdings, Inc
- Part of team that successfully resisted motion for restraining order halting trustee’s sale of residence due to alleged violations of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and nonjudicial foreclosure statutes
- Successfully negotiated favorable child custody order for pro bono client in anticipation of opposing party’s release from prison
- "Life at a Large Law Firm," Panel Discussion, Concordia University School of Law, Aug. 2014
- "Why Land Tenure Reform Is the Key to Political Stability in Tonga," Pacific Rim Law & Policy Journal, March 2012(republished in shortened form in New Zealand Law Journal, Nov. 2012)