Ed's practice focuses on the areas of real estate and business transactions. Ed has extensive experience in land use and real estate development matters.
He is active in community and political activities. He has served on various community Boards and Commissions, including the Boise City Board of Park Commissioners, the Ada County United Way Board, the Humphreys Diabetes Center Board, the Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Counsel, the Idaho State Bar Association Real Estate Forms Committee, the Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce Board and Executive Committee, the Idaho State Bar Association Exam Committee and the Urban Land Institute Idaho Chapter Executive Committee. Ed is also involved in Albertson College of Idaho Alumni Activities.
Ed was born and raised in Idaho. His great grandparents were some of the early settlers in Lemhi and Custer Counties, Idaho, and made their living through cattle ranching and mining. Through high school, college and law school, he worked on his family's cattle ranch in the Pahsimeroi Valley and at the nearby Ima and Blackbird Mines.
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business (Real Estate)
- Martindale-Hubbell - Highest Ranking (AV)
- Best Lawyers in America (Real Estate Law)
- Boise Best Lawyers Real Estate Lawyer of the Year (2019 and 2011)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers (Real Estate Law)
- J.D. (Cum Laude) University of Idaho 1977
- B.A. (Cum Laude) College of Idaho 1974
Memberships & Affiliations
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL)
- Urban Land Institute, Idaho Chapter Executive Committee (past Chairman)
- Executive Committee Member, Givens Pursley LLP
- Past Co-Managing Partner, Givens Pursley LLP
- Partner at Givens Pursley LLP 1979 - Present
- Law Clerk - Honorable Marion J. Callister and Fred M. Taylor, U.S. District Court 1978-79
- Law Clerk - Honorable Justice Charles R. Donaldson, Idaho Supreme Court 1977-78